Who was the client:
Founded in 1992 the BGL Group specialise in and are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services – home to a number of iconic brands and businesses.
What were the clients needs and issues?
The BGL Group needed the existing Central Square Street Lighting and Perimeter Lighting to be replaced:
- The old lamp posts were providing a poor light output and a poor quality of light.
- They were expensive to operate due to the energy consumption of the lamps.
- The old lamp posts and light fittings were not in keeping with the new modern look of the building and grounds.
BGL Business provided a financial budget that Remark adhered to, ensuring the whole project was within the financial target expectations.
How did Remark help?
- Remark sourced the latest LED technology light fittings that were in keeping with the environment of the property and grounds.
- Brand New 3 meter Galvanised lighting column posts were installed with new BS7671 approved fused cut-outs for final electrical connections.
- The lamp posts were provided in the same RAL colour of the new light fittings to provide a seamless looking solution from the ground upwards
- A five year warranty was provided to the client on this new LED technology for peace of mind.
- Remark were able to complete the project in two months from the initial quotation all the way through to the finished project.
What were the products?
• Remark provided BGL with brand new three meter Galvanised lighting column posts completed in RAL 9006 finish to compliment the lighting modules.
• New LED Tamlite manufactured post top lanterns were supplied finished in a RAL 9006 Grey colour to compliment the Cafe bollard light fittings and new columns.
- The LED post top LED light fittings are constructed of an extruded aluminium body to provide a (4000k) LED array lighting output and finished in black RAL 9006 to compliment the proposed car park and cafe extension light fittings.
- Remark also provided BGL with LED bollards, constructed of an extruded aluminium body to provide a (4000k) LED array lighting output and finished in Grey (RAL 9006) to compliment the surroundings and to create a seamless finish through the sounds and building.
- All works were installed, connected and tested to BS7671- with a certificate provided upon completion.
Lighting levels were increased by 40% with the new LED solution provided.
Energy reduction was achieved, saving over £14K per annum in energy consumption compared to the old light fittings.
“We were particularly impressed with Remarks speed and quality of response to our initial request for proposal and subsequent technical clarifications. Their advice on energy efficiencyand likely cost savings allowed us to prepare and present a business case to Senior Management which was ultimately approved. Once awarded the contact Remark carried out the works safely and efficiently in a live working environment with minimal impact to the operation of our site”