What is access control?
Using access control systems in your business can be a simple way of enhancing your security, whilst at the same time, managing the flow of people through your site.
In big companies and buildings, intruders sometimes go unnoticed rather easily, especially because they can appear in all sorts of forms: staff or visitors. It is for this reason that access control systems can come to be such an advantage to companies – it doesn’t only detect intrusion; it has the ability to prevent it and track movement in a building by monitoring who has access to that building.
The key benefits of access control
- Protecting your Employees – provide a safe working environment
- Restrict unauthorized access and reduce theft – control who has access to where and at what time
- Provide remote access – does a contractor need to access building but no-one is on site to let them in? You can provide access to your site remotely and you always know who is coming and going
- Eliminate key problems – no more keys, you can use swipe cards, tags, fingerprints or even your mobile phone
- Electronic visitor, history logging and reports – every access is logged and recorded. Reports allow you to see who is where in your building in case of an emergency.
Access control systems help you manage your building more securely and easily. Building access control systems are essential in as far as, dealing with crime is concerned. As a building owner, you are faced with security challenges including burglary, vandalism, and arson that can be prevented using appropriate access control systems. For instance, the use of CCTV surveillance cameras is a proactive means of preventing incidences of crime, owing to the psychological intimidation that it causes on people with criminal intentions.
For securing your premises, giving staff access to certain areas thereof or merely giving employees access to the building between nine and five, access control systems can do it all. It is an updated, effective and easy way of providing the best security.